Hacks to up your Vitamin D levels
Vitamin D is important for bones, muscles and overall health. High levels of vitamin D prevent us from many diseases and make our body immune from harmful results. It is made in our bodies through a series of processes that start when our skin is exposed to the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation. It’s very easy to go to a doctor and consult him for a prescription but that can cause side effects. A better way to get the levels up is natural and commonly available things.
Ways to Boost Vitamin D Naturally
Today we will discuss a better way to boost vitamin D in your body or hacks to up your vitamin D levels.
- Sunshine – Better known as sunshine vitamin it’s most common source is sunlight. We often avoid the sunlight for a number of reasons be it the hot and sweaty feeling or the fear of tanning. Sunlight plays an important role as a hack to up your vitamin D levels. But because of the skin-cancer risk, it is not that openly recommended. However, a small amount of sun exposure without sunscreen can do the trick.
- Egg – They are a convenient way to get vitamin D. one egg contains almost 10% of your daily vitamin D. Most popular for a healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert recipes. Since the vitamin D in an egg comes from its yolk, it’s important to use the whole egg—not just the whites. One egg contains about 200 milligrams of cholesterol. An egg a day will definitely keep the need of supplements away.
- Cod liver oil – Rich in omega 3 fatty acids cod liver is derived from liver of cod fish. Its name might suggest a less-than-savoury flavor, cod liver oil is often flavored with mint or citrus. The golden oil is rich in Vitamin D. It is prescribed by doctors to older women as it enriches the bones.
- Fish – Property of fishes being rich in omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids provides them the wonders to up the vitamin D levels. Doctors also prescribe including fish in the meals of the people who have low levels of vitamin D in their body.
- Regular exercise – It is said that obese people often have low blood levels of vitamin D. Body fat traps vitamin D, making it less available to the body. Many dieticians suggest high vitamin D diets to people who are higher on the weight. It is very important to exercise regularly or at least 10 minutes a day because that not only helps you to stay active but also plays as a hack to up your vitamin D levels.
- Food rich in vitamin D – Food like beef liver, egg yolks, cheese cereals fishes, soy milk are high in vitamin D. intake of such products is essential for the people who lack vitamin D in their bodies. When talking about such food, it is easily available and is liked by many. This makes it easy to include such things into our diet.
These were the set of hacks to up your vitamin D levels. Making them a part of your daily schedule is not rocket science and it gives you the benefit that won’t even involve going to doctors. Stay healthy!