In this post you will read about:
Dark Pigmentation Around Neck
How to Remove Dark Skin on Neck
How to Get Rid of Dark Skin on Your Neck
Pigmentation on Neck
How to Get Rid of Hyperpigmentation on Neck
Pigmentation on the nape of the neck is very annoying. Dark Pigmentation Around Neck can be the result of ignorance. It is very stubborn and how much you rub a soap to remove it, it goes no where.
The base and back of the neck are usually the ignored areas when it comes to the face cleanliness.There are many reason for having Pigmentation on Neck. We cannot ignore the medical possibility including polycystic ovarian syndrome or pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes.
But Pigmentation on Neck can usually be because of negligence of the area. We usually fail to take care of this part like we do of our face.
This can be result of dead cell accumulation, sun tan, Sweat accumulation due to skin folds etc
It is important to take extra care of the pigmentation before it becomes permanent. This kind of pigmentation can also occur on other areas of body like inner part or elbows, arm pits, back side of knees, ankles etc.
How to Remove Dark Skin on Neck :
There are four steps to Get Rid of Dark Skin on Your Neck :
Step 1 : Cleanse
Step 2 : Exfoliate
Step 3 : Lighten
Step 4 : Protect
STEP 1: Cleansing
Proper Cleansing of the area should be done on the regular basis. Cleanse the area with a face wash as you would clean the facial skin once daily. Isopropyl Alcohol is a rubbing alcohol, available in pharmacies, which is extremely effective in cleaning the area and getting rid of accumulated dirt and grime. Dont use Isopropyl Alcohol on face. Using it twice a day for couple of weeks proves to be very helpful in dealing with this kind of pigmentation. Just take a small quantity of alcohol on a cotton pad and wipe the affected area with light hand.
STEP2 : Exfoliate
Exfoliation is scrubbing the dead cells away. Scrubbing the area should be done with a very mild and gentle motion. Dont over scrub the area as it can irritate the skin. For exfoliation homemade scrubs as well as commercial products can be used.
For Commercial products, available in market , few of my personal favourites are :
- Nivea Total Face Clean up ( Read Review http://www.glamngloss.net/product-rave-nivea-total-face-cleanup/ )
- Ponds White Beauty Tan Removal Scrub ( Read Review : http://www.glamngloss.net/product-review-ponds-white-beauty-tan/ )
- Lakme Pores Clean up Range ( Read Review : http://www.glamngloss.net/lakme-clear-pores-clean-up-range/ )
- H2O Plus Sea Moss Black Sand Body Scrub ( Read Review : http://www.glamngloss.net/h2o-plus-sea-moss-black-sand-body-scrub-review/ )
Process : After cleansing the area, Use any of the above mentioned scrub on moist skin. Rub the skin with mild and gentle small circular strokes. Dont exert a lot of pressure. scrub for two to three minutes and wash with luke warm water. Pat the area dry. Exfoliate once every alternate day.
Some Home Remedies for exfoliation :
Always use some granular substance for exfoliation like : Sugar, Rice Powder , Gram Flour (besan), Semolina (rava) , Green Gram Flour, Oats etc. Even Baking Soda acts as great exfoliant.
Home Remedy for Exfoliation 1 :
How to Use Baking Soda :
- Mix 3 spoon Baking soda with 1 spoon water.
- Make a thick paste and apply on the affected area for 5 mins , Rub gently with moist fingers in circular motion and wash with luke warm water. This pack can even be applied on face
Home Remedy for Exfoliation 2 :
How to Use Sugar :
- Mix 2 spoon sugar with 1/ 2 spoon lemon juice and few drop of coconut/ olive oil. Let this mixture sit for 1 minute. You will notice the sugar has started dissolving into the lemon juice and the mixture has become slightly thick and sticky.
- Now apply this on the affected area and rub in gentle circular motions. Rub for 4-5 mins and wash with luke warm water. This scrub will not only exfoliate the dead cells but also lighten the pigmentation. This can also be done for Face, Lips and other body parts like arms, chest, back etc.
STEP 3: Lightening
Again to treat pigmentation there are two ways. If used intelligently both are equally safe. – medicated creams to treat Pigmentation & natural ingredients or Homemade packs.
Medicated compounds like Kojic Acid are very safe to apply on skin in a limited way. It is very effective and not harsh on skin.
Kojic acid cream is safer than hydroquinone but can cause irritation in people with sensitive skin and hence patch testing is advised first. If you are using any professional skin care products, you should consult your doctor before using a kojic acid cream. Kojic acid is an au-natural product derived from mushrooms and rice malting .
Kojic acid is available as soaps, creams, serums, lotions etc. commonly prescribed by dermatologists as cream. Mostly 1-4% is considered safe. Creams available : KojiGlo, Kojivit, Koji Max are one of the best. I have used these personally and I love the results.
Natural ingredients which help in lightening the skin:
Lemon, Curd, potato, tomato, orange peels, cucumber, aloe veda, turmeric etc are few very commonly found in kitchen and these work great for skin pigmentation
How to use Lemon :
- Apply Lemon juice on the nape of the neck, massage gently for couple of minutes. Leave for 20 mins and wash.
- Mix 1 spoon Lemon Juice and 1 spoon Honey. Apply on the area and leave for 20 mins. Wash with water.
How to use Sour Curd:
- Mix 1 spoon sour Curd and 1 spoon Vinegar. Apply and keep it until dry. Remove while rubbing with wet fingers. Use this 2 to 3 times a week.
- Mix 2 Spoon of Besan and mix some sour curd to make a thick paste. Apply and keep it until dry. Rub with moist fingers to remove.
Step 4 : Protection
Protecting the skin from sun damage is very essential. Sun damage is the biggest reason behind any kind of pigmentation, be it neck, face or any exposed areas. So protecting the skin from sun is very important. Esp after you have treated the skin for pigmentation it gets even more necessary. Afterall you don’t want the pigmentation to come back any soon.
Protecting skin from sun can be done in two ways – by physically covering it as well as applying sunscreens on skin. Yes even on back on neck.. Most people completely ignore the area. And this is biggest cause of darkness on that part.
Whenever you are stepping out in sun or relaxing in the winter sun don’t forget that the harmless looking sun is damaging your skin and forcing it to create more pigmentation.
Always cover the areas exposed with a scarf, muffler or a wrap . And use ample of sunscreen to protect yourself.
I can’t emphasize enough on the use of sunscreen. It’s the best thing you can do for your skin. Sun rays are the root cause of numerous skin related issues like tanning, spots, pigmentation , wrinkles and even skin cancer to name a few.
A good sunscreen must be applied everyday in morning before 20 mins stepping out in sun. And if you stay out for longer hours then you must reapply sunscreen every 2 to 3 hrs.
What is SPF and which spf to use?? SPF is sun protection factor. It basically decides how long the sunscreen will save the skin from damage. In India or countries with similar hot climate I would suggest an SPF of 30 to 45 if you are going out and SPF 15 if you are indoors.
Read more about Sunscreen http://www.glamngloss.net/decoding-sunscreen-and-tan/
Do read the articles above to sort all your queries about sunscreen.
Few of my favourite sunscreen suitable for most skin type are :
- Lotus 3-in-1 matte sunscreen,
- Suncote Gel Sunscreen,
- AnSolar Gel Cream (SPF 30),
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer
Pigmentation occurring anywhere on the skin is a result of damage – be it either sun, chemical or physical. The basics of clearing the pigmentation remains the same. Clean the skin, Exfoliate the dead cells so the appearance of the darkness reduces plus fresh skin comes up quickly, Lighten the pigmentation in deep-seated layers of skin by bleaching it or inhibiting its production and Protect the skin from further damage.
Hopefully, This article will help you clean the pigmentation from neck … Until next time..